Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Lord Works in Mysterious Ways

In my last post I mentioned I had been dealing with some discouragement.  This past week it wasn't discouragement so much as I was forced to address a problem with sin which was causing me pain.  I felt like I was falling away from my relationship with God in a way.  I didn't feel like I was fit to be a soldier for my King.
And then, as usual, God sees fit to use me in ways that I couldn't have expected in my wildest dreams.  An unsaved friend of mine needed advice and comfort and I was able to share my faith with her and she took some comfort from that.  It's really amazing to feel so completely useless and then realize that God has plans for me regardless of what I think.
Also, I've been singing a lot these past couple of weeks.  I've been finding so much comfort in praise music.  Steven Curtis Chapman has a new album which includes the song "Morning Has Broken."  I hadn't realized that the song was a hymn so this morning in church when I was flipping through the hymnal, looking for songs to play on piano, I was very surprised to find that song in it.  I was humming it and looking for other songs throughout the rest of service.  And then, the choir sang that song before the sermon.  I've never heard them sing that song before, and then they sing it today.  The ways God works are pretty amazing.
Our God has a grand plan for each and every one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment